Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Gratitude

Team TROT 2020

My first concerted effort to start running was off-the-couch raining in 2016-Mar in order to attempt to run a half marathon. Everything about starting to run was hard and took effort and a lot of persistence to get that shortened training block done. In that process I fell in love with the idea of running and the feeling of finishing that first race became contagious to me where I have now build running into my lifestyle.

Fast forward nearly 4 full years --> 2 more daughters (4 in total), a cross borer move to South Texas, a couple role changes at my job,  10,000 lifetime miles logged, and 49 ultramarathons later here we are approaching 2020 now - a new decade. I was not able to foresee where we would be in this life little lone this new found passion of mine (trail and ultrarunning), but here we are.

I am super stoked, excited, and truly grateful to announce that I am selected to be on Team TROT again for 2020.
Team TROT 2020
Photo: Blair Brooke Photography (2019-12-06)
The people pictured here are all amazing human beings in their own right and I could not be more proud to be a part of such a select group of like-minded awesome people. We all run different distances, a variety of terrains, different race paces, and all of us has our own goals that drive us. But you know what? We are a team and 2020 you are going to see a lot come from Team TROT and I can not wait to be a part of this journey moving forward. Thank you to Robert & Rachel Goyen for their management of the team, TROT in general, and the awesome support you provide to all of us.

If you see any of us out on the trails, come say hi. High fives are free, hugs are given out, and smiles are norm. We appreciate anyone and everyone in the trail community who runs or volunteers with us at the Trail Racing Over Texas events. I hope to see you on the trails around Texas, or elsewhere, soon.


Team TROT 2020
(graphic created by Trevor Meding for this blog post)

No comments:

Post a Comment