Sunday, February 26, 2023

Jackalope Jam 2023

 

24 Hours at Jackalope Jam

Ultramarathon #098

#JJ24HR

Another weekend and another last minute signup. I watched my online notifications as the 100hr participants started running on Wednesday, then again on Thursday with the 72hr runners. I saw the social media feed of Trail Racing Over Texas and it got me thinking about maybe hopping into the weekend. So I did!

Jackalope Jam is a very simple race and it is more about the atmosphere and just a personal challenge. I mean the course is a simple 0.75 Mi out and 0.75 Mi on the same ranch road. A great benefit of this event is you are constantly immersed with all the other runners as everyone is always passing each other. If you are ever in Texas in February and need a trail running party this is the place to be. Most runners camp out in their vehicles on the row of the course with their tents and multiday setups of food and drinks. Many people even decorate their aid stations with lights and whatnot. It is truly a Jam out at 7IL Ranch.

 Thank you Cal & Jeremiah from Trail Racing Over Texas for another great TROT event. Great to see everyone from the TROT trail community out there on the ranch.

Photo: Trail Racing Over Texas | JJustisPhotography

Results

·        My STRAVA: JackalopeJam 24hr (2nd overall), Cat Spring, TX | Run | Strava

·        Official Results: 2023Jackalope Jam 24 Hour - Results (ultrasignup.com)

·        This was my 98th ultramarathon run & completion of my 31st 100 miler(+).

·        This was my 3rd ultramarathon of 2023 thus far.

·        I have now run a total of 879.76 Mi out at 7IL Ranch in the 5 years I’ve been in Texas

67 loops of the 0.75 Mi out & back course netted me an official 100.50 Mi and earned another buckle. Goal achieved!

Gear List

LS shirt(s): rabbit LS rabbitELITEtrail team kit (x2), rabbit Low Light 2.0 pullover

Shorts: rabbit 3" FKT

Pants: rabbit Low Light 2.0

Shoes: Altra Torin 3.5

Socks: Dry Max

Headwear: rabbit (BOCO) visor

Sunglasses: goodr

Gloves: rabbit (BOCO)

Watch: Garmin fēnix® 6X - Pro Solar Edition

Lighting: Nathan Sports Halo Fire (headlamp)

Hydration: Nathan Sports 20oz Nathan soft flask

Gear Bags: Victory Sportdesign




 

No comments:

Post a Comment