Monday, February 3, 2020

The Pain Cave

Into The Unknown.

Have you ever been to this place? The Pain Cave?
I have been there before. It’s dark, its deep, and you can never know what it holds. Its hard to explain how to get there and how long it takes to get through. Every time you step foot in here the route through has changed. It is a maze. I have ventured to this place a few times now, but every time I stand before the entrance of this cavernous unknown my nerves begin to remind why we as humans don’t like what we don’t know. Uncertainly innately scares us!

Here I am on race week standing before this cave and I know I must go in and take a long journey, but I do not know how it will be. The unknown of the pain cave is one-part draw, one-part excitement, and one-part scary as shit!

Is the venture through this cave a short journey?
Does the light ever come? Can I navigate my way through? Will I ever emerge?
What is waiting for me in this cave…monsters? demons? adventure? sleeplessness?
How do you navigate the abyss of the darkness that consumes you?

There is only one answer to all of this. Stand in front of the pain cave and step forward. Don’t look back. Press forward no matter what your mind is telling you and focus on the fact you will get to the other side where everything becomes clear and ultimately beautiful.

Time for an adventure at The Franklins with 16 other like-minded souls.
Follow along this week via ultrasignup live tracking/results.
Race starts this at Wednesday (06:00 MTN / 07:00 CST).

adventure begins Wed, 2020-Feb-05 @ 06:00 MTN//07:00 CST


No comments:

Post a Comment